Dear Valued YMCA Members and Friends,
The Berkshire Family YMCA has always been an advocate of giving back and providing support to our neighbors. We believe that our YMCA members and communities we serve believe the same, as well. In that light, we would like to share a special local opportunity with you.
The first Community Solar Farm that services residential homes in WMECo/Eversource territory has been built in Hancock on the grounds of the Shaker Village. Homeowners and renters can now choose to participate in the solar farm and save money. They’ll help reduce the amount of electricity produced using coal and natural gas!
It does not cost anything to join the community solar farm. You will stay an Eversource customer, but will receive a 10% discount by participating in Community Solar. There are only about 100 openings still available and they will be served on a first come first served basis.
Click here to learn more http://relaypower.referralrock.com/l/47188133/
Please take the time to educate yourself on this great opportunity. We, at the YMCA, feel this is a wonderful opportunity to pass along. As part of our Social Responsibility, we hope that you share our desire to help our planet be cleaner and to support local clean energy!
Here are the basics:
- The community solar farm is in Hancock on the grounds of the Shaker Village.
- This is the first community solar farm made available to WMECo-Eversource residential homes.
- There is no cost to join.
- Support clean energy while still receiving the same reliability through Eversource.
- You can have a third party supplier and still enroll.
- Each month you will receive a 10% discount.
- This is open to Western Mass. Eversource Electric customers, including both renters and homeowners.
- The Y will receive a small one-time donation for each home that enrolls.