Specifically designed for seniors, the Berkshire Family YMCA’s SilverSneakers classes strive to increase heart-healthy endurance, muscle strength, balance and coordination to reduce injuries and falls. Meet new friends. Reconnect with others. Try something new!
Receive 2 FREE guest passes with the possibility of more free guest access for SilverSneakers classes for up to one year! Get started with 2 FREE YMCA guest passes on Oct. 1, 2016!
About the Classes:
- SilverSneakers Classic: Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support.
- SilverSneakers Circuit: Get Up & Go with an aerobics class that’s safe, heart-healthy and gentle on the joints. The workout includes easy-to-follow low-impact movement, and upper-body strength, abdominal conditioning, stretching and relaxation exercises designed to energize your active lifestyle.
Pittsfield Branch SilverSneakers Classes:
- SilverSneakers Classic: Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:30-10:45 a.m.; Fridays: 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- SilverSneakers Circuit: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Northern Berkshire Branch SilverSneakers Classes:
- SilverSneakers Classic: Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m.
- SilverSneakers Circuit: Mondays, 6-7 p.m.; Fridays, 7-8 a.m.
To be eligible: Seniors must be at least 60 years old, non-members of the Y. Preference will be given to low-income seniors. Eligibility period: Until Sept. 30, 2017. Questions? Call 413-499-7650.free, senior, Silver Sneakers, SilverSneakers